Pages - Menu

Monday, January 8, 2024

MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME!!! WELCOME TO "2024"

 I'm the Conductor of this Musical trip, and the other Conductor are my buds Cathy of , Stacy of Stacy Uncorked,  on our Love Rockin' Train.  APPLAUSE!  NOW LET'S ROCK THIS PLACE & get this TRAIN rollin'!  ALL ABOARD OUR ROCKIN' ROLL LOVE TRAIN!  We're eager to greet you at the station & F-O-L-L-O-W   U too!  Just sign our linky, grab our button  & leave a cool comment!  Our "SPOTLIGHT DANCER" gets the PRIVILEGE of picking the THEME for the following week that we have a theme.  EVERY OTHER WEEK we have a FREEBIE! Okay, let's jump right in and start this celebration!

Now, today is January 8th, and it just so happens to be my Daddy's birthday!  Happy Birthday Dad in heaven!  So, if you don't mind I would like to take us back a little ways and play his favorite tune & it was my mom's & dad's song too.  It's called, "MISTY" & we all know Johnny Mathis!           OK!  What's next you say?  Well, hmmmm an old favorite?  Jimmy Ruffin.. What becomes of a broken heart?   

Last, but not least let's tear up this place... J. Geils Band - LET'S ROCK... 

  

12 comments:

  1. Great selections. It's amazing how much J. Giels sounds like Mick Jagger. He even has some of the similar moves. I always found it interesting how many musicians, drummers even, seem to have very little sense of rhythm. Put them on the dance flor and they are just an uncoordinated mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you're under the weather. Prayers for you, my friend.

    Happy Birthday to your father in heaven.

    Wonderful playlist. You outdid yourself.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my Sister. Love and hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you prayers. Such great music here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your dad in heaven! Great song choices, Marie! I haven't heard the J. Geils Band in forever - thanks for the memory jolt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your daddy in heaven! Great tunes to celebrate your daddy's birthday. Sending love, hugs, and prayers your way, darlin'! I hope you're back to feeling like your self real soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy heavenly birthday to your father! Good selections today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy heavenly birthday to your father. Nice selections today. It's been such a long time since I heard Misty and I don't think I ever heard a live version of What Becomes of the Brokenhearted. I hope you feel more like yourself soon. Sending you a virtual hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed all of these and the first must make you smile when thinking of your parents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selections. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all three of them. I went with 3 Status Quo tunes.

    ReplyDelete