Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Monday's Music Moves Me!

    THANKS FOR DROPPIN' BY & I know you're anxious to boogie & we'll get right to it, but first stay tuned for station identification!  

Who are the Music Moves Me bloggers? They are bloggers who blog about music each Monday & if you have music to share, you are most welcome to join! (Music Posts Only-meaning at least one music video, please!) 1st, Marie from XmasDolly. Her co-hosts are Stacy from Stacy Uncorked, Cathy,  Curious as a Cathy, & Alana from Ramblin’ with AM. We’d love more music lovers to join us & it’s easy! All you have to do is add your link with a music post containing at least one music video (there must be "1"), and that’s it! Each month, except December, we have a guest conductor & anyone can join for that too!  Just let me know...
Monday's theme is to build songs based on fiction/non-fiction people or historical events l  Deep Purple in "Smoke on the Water"!
Billy Joel in "We didn't start the Fire"!  
 
Arlo Guthrie in Alice's Restaurant!!!  
             
 

11 comments:

  1. Those were great and Alice's Restaurant was always a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! And yes, I'm queued up for tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous set! I, especially love Deep Purple!! You rock, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left Stacy a message in comments letting her know that you can't get into her site because of the not secure site warning you got. ;)

      Delete
  4. I have to admit, Smoke on the Water was a favorite of mine back in the day. Great set of tunes this morning.

    DrillerAA

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on todays theme. Well done. I even played today.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my sister. Love you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great songs here. Love your take on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew Smoke on the water was about someone. It tells you how much i hear the lyrics. Live the Billy Joel song Alice's Restaurant went on...and on. I felt like saying "Get to the point!" Hahaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, great set. I remember us driving about three hours to get to my mother in law's house many Thanksgiving mornings. About halfway through the drive the local radio station we listened to in the area we passed through would play Alice's Restaurant. It was their Thanksgiving tradition and it became ours, too. I don't mind that it's long. I love it!

    ReplyDelete